Sunday, September 25, 2005
I’d like to offer you a chance to win a free copy of my new book, Winning Results with Google AdWords. All you have to do to play is participate in this fun quiz. Hint: some answers are general knowledge and can be found with the help of a search engine.
Repeat: Answer a few silly questions, and you have a good chance of having your name pulled out of a hat for a free copy of the book.
Answer #8, and you have a very good chance of earning a bonus gift! (Unlikely though.)
EASY QUESTIONS (general search oughta do it):
1. Before it was called Google, what did Page and Brin call the prototype of their search engine?
2. A British fashion site spent far more on launch parties, site design, and marketing than it could possibly have expected to recoup in sales. Bankruptcy came next. What was the name of the site? (Hint: not hiss.com.)
3. “I kiss you” was the slogan of what amorous Turkish web celeb?
4. Co-founder of Excite Joe Kraus. Discuss.
5. What did Nick Denton do before Gawker Media? What about before that? Have you ever met Nick Denton? Have I?
6. (Search recent Traffick.com posts): What might a clever expression be for “The original incarnation of Business 2.0 Magazine”?
7. Danny Sullivan and Google’s former head chef have what in common?
BONUS (even harder) QUESTION:
8. Abba and Research in Motion have what in common? (you’re allowed to miss this one)
Now how exactly will the winners be determined?
We’ll use a proprietary scoring algorithm that includes the following factors: accuracy; rightness; randomness; obsequiousness; timeliness. We can’t reveal the exact formula. But at the end of it all, the two (or three, depending on user testing) best answers will get a lovely high-quality book.
One additional bonus prize will be awarded if anyone gets (what our algorithm deems to be) an A+ result.
Shoot me your best try at my GMail account [username is agoodman] or use the contact form.
View Posts by Category